Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 2 | September 6-September 12, 2014

Hiiii!!!

^me and two of my roommates, Naomi (back) and Kayla (to my right) on Saturday night in downtown Jerusalem 









^me and my close friends from school, out to dinner at CafĂ© Rimon on Monday night 


 

^my Australian friend, Sheiny, cutting my hair (fun fact: she has 16 siblings, born within 20 years of each other). It was a total experiment that she cut my hair as she had never done it before, but scroll down for the end result. 
 

 

^pretty good, right? 


^out to lunch with my friend Samantha (also Alex and Sofie) at an adorable salad and sandwhich bar in our neighborhood (Talpiot, Jerusalem) 



 

^friends on Thursday, the first day of a weekend long retreat at a kibbutz called Ein Zurim. We may seem happy but really we were all crying about the bugs and dirtiness at this point.   


 




^pre-shabbos pictures with friends on the kibbutz 

Hi everyone! Sorry this post is so delayed, but kibbutz living is not conducive to good wifi or cell service so I couldn't post on Friday. This week was awesome, but very different from last week. Although last week was the official "settle in" week, where we were supposed to adjust mentally, emotionally and physically to Israel, this week actually felt more like an adjusting week. Last week felt like camp: fun activities, get to know each other games, lots of bonding time and minimal learning. This week felt like real life: we had to go to classes (all day long), exercise, vacuum, learn to do laundry, and adjust to a full week of classes. This week felt like real life. I finally feel like I live here. This was underscored by my return to school last night after a weekend long seminar on a rustic kibbutz. I am not kidding when I say I was kidding the ground. I was so happy to be back in Jerusalem, in my home and school, and in my bed. The pervasive stench of cattle and general rusticness of kibbutz living doesn't really suit me in the long run. It feels amazing to be back here and I can't wait for another week. Talk to you next Friday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment