Friday, September 5, 2014

Week 1 | August 31- September 5, 2014


  


^^at the airport saying goodbye to Mommy, feeling anxious/excited. 



^right when we got off the plane we unpacked and then went to the Kotel to daven (pray) 



 ^we went on a tiyul (hike/trip) the second day. We were given matching shirts and hiked for 3 hours and even got to swim in waterfall.  

^going shopping with my roommates for groceries and cosmetics 





^^ nights out with friends at Mamila mall and sushi in the old city  

^challah baking and singing on Thursday night





^^^ reunited with my friends from other seminaries and my cousin Rachel on Ben Yehuda street this morning 

Hi guys! It's been a crazy, exhausting, amazing, difficult, thrilling week. As I sit on my bed in my dorm and type this I'm thinking about how much has changed since my last blog post. The anticipation is finally over and I'm here! Despite having a pretty hard flight (I left at 12 New  York, landed in Turkey at 11 New York time and in Israel at 3am New York time, then went straight to Brovenders for a full day) I have unpacked, adjusted and even made friends! The first day was pretty awful, I can't say it was easy, but the second day was a tiyul (hike) to Nachalat Devorah and it was seriously an amazing day. The last two days have been spent going to classes, hanging out with friends, settling more and more into the dorm and just getting used to life here. I am now having an amazing time, it has been such a whirlind but ever since day 2 I have been loving it. It is amazing to be in Jerusalem and I truly love my classes. I've never felt the way I do now about learning Judaic subjects, the way they are taught here is changing the way I think about learning. The 3 hour classes really do fly by. Anyways, it's almost shabbos here so before I start getting ready I wanted to wish everyone a great Shabbat and a great week. Talk to you all soon. Xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment